Nikon DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8 Digital Camera
- 20.8MP CX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6A Image Processor
- UHD 4K Video Recording at 30p
- NIKKOR f/1.8-2.8 ED VR Lens
- 18-50mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0" 1037k-Dot Tilting OLED Touchscreen
- Hybrid AF System with 171 Focus Points
- Perspective Control; Dual Detect VR
- Wi-Fi, NFC, & Bluetooth Connectivity
- ISO 12800 and 60 fps Continuous Shooting
These optional add ons are dedicated accessories for the product featured on this page. Click the checkbox to add any accessory to your cart. If you have any questions about a product, please contact us.
Boasting the widest-angle lens of Nikon's advanced DL series of point-and-shoots, the DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8 Digital Camera takes an 18-50mm equivalent lens and pairs it with a 20.8MP CX-format BSI CMOS sensor to deliver stunning images in nearly any situation. This NIKKOR lens features a fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range that can create images with shallow depth of field as well as benefit low-light imaging. Featuring a Nano Crystal Coat as well as a variety of aspherical ED and High Refractive Index elements, this lens ensures maximum resolution and clarity with minimal ghosting, flare, or aberrations. Along with this, the lens has a Fluorine coating to repel dust and water and even includes Perspective Control for accurately portraying architecture and Dual Detect VR to compensate for camera shake.
Ensuring all this technology runs smoothly, quickly, and efficiently, the DL18-50 leverages the power of the EXPEED 6A image processor to produce crisp, clean stills and enable UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Paired with the 20.8MP sensor, the camera can work with sensitivities ranging from ISO 160-12800 and can operate an advanced Hybrid AF system with 171 focus points, 105 of which are capable of phase detection. This AF system can even be used during continuous shooting at up to 20 fps, though with fixed focus users can boost the camera's speed to an incredible 60 fps.
The camera's body design is inspired by that of Nikon's legendary DSLRs, with numerous physical dials and buttons throughout. This includes a command dial, rotary multi-selector, customizable function button, and a precision zoom ring, as well as a control ring that can be set to one of numerous functions. Ensuring composition is comfortable, the DL18-50 also features a 3.0" 1037k-dot tilting OLED touchscreen. Additionally, it has full SnapBridge support with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC as well as Bluetooth Low Energy technology for connecting straight to a smart device. Finally, it has a 24-piont hot shoe terminal for working with Speedlights as well as the optional electronic viewfinder.
- 20.8MP BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 6A Image Processor
- At the core of Nikon's DL series is a large 1.0" CX-format 20.8MP BSI CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 6A image processor. This pairing delivers high-resolution still and video shooting with low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 12800. Also, as the sensor forgoes the use of an optical low-pass filter, it guarantees the maximum possible resolution in the final image. This combination also boosts speed in nearly every aspect of the camera, including continuous shooting at up to 20 fps with autofocus or an astounding 60 fps with fixed focus.
- NIKKOR 6.7-18.5mm f/1.8-2.8 ED VR Lens
- An impressive wide-angle lens for capturing vast landscapes, this NIKKOR 6.7-18.5mm lens is ideal for taking in large scenes as well as working up close. It also features a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 18-50mm for added versatility with most everyday subject matter and features a fast f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture range for working in dim lighting scenarios. Further benefitting image quality, the lens is equipped with a Nano Crystal Coat to eliminate flare and ghosting while utilizing both aspherical ED and HRI elements to control aberrations. For optimal performance in all weather, a Fluorine coating will repel dust and water. Additionally, Dual Detect Optical VR compensates for camera shake while a Perspective Control function will help correct for keystoning for accurately portraying architecture. And, it has an electromagnetic 7-blade aperture diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements.
- UHD 4K Video Recording & Slow Motion
- For the ultimate in high-resolution video capture, the DL series features internal UHD 4K video recording at up to 30p as well as the ability to output uncompressed footage over HDMI. The camera's processing power effectively eliminates rolling shutter distortion and Auto ISO can smoothly adjust the exposure to fit varying lighting conditions. Other capabilities include a new Superlapse mode which lets you experience moments at double speed, time-lapse for condensing vast periods of time into just 10 seconds, and slow motion video for smooth capture of fast-moving scenes. The DL series cameras will also capture stereo sound via a built-in microphone.
In addition to this exceptional resolution, the DL series can achieve high frame rates in Full HD at up to 120 fps for smooth slow motion capture. Fast options such as 240 fps and 400 fps are available at HD 720p and 800 x 296 resolutions and for the ultimate slowdown, users can drop to 400 x 144 resolution for an incredible 1200 fps video.
- Advanced Hybrid AF System
- Capture some of the fastest-moving subjects with ease by using the DL-series advanced Hybrid AF which has a wide coverage area with a total of 171 focus points, of with 105 points are phase-detect capable for locking on to moving subjects. This also benefits the lightning fast continuous shooting speeds of 20 fps with full autofocus.
- Body Design
- Ensuring fast operation and DSLR-like performance, the DL18-50 has a variety of physical buttons and dials. This includes a command dial, rotary multi-selector, power switch, and a customizable Fn button. The lens has additional controls, including a precise zoom ring and a separate customizable ring that can be set for aperture, shutter speed, manual focus, or white balance. The rear of the DL18-50 sports a 3.0" 1037k-dot tilting OLED touchscreen that allows working from multiple angles with ease.
- SnapBridge Connectivity
- Connect directly to a mobile device for remote control or image transfer by using the Nikon SnapBridge app, in combination with a DL series camera. These cameras offer numerous ways to connect, including the Bluetooth Low Energy protocol for constant connect between your devices. This allows the embedding of location, date/time, and two notes into your files. Along with this standard Wi-Fi and NFC are also available.
- Other Features
- Dedicated 24-pin hot shoe terminal allows the use of Speedlights and accessories like the optional electronic viewfinder.
- Raw image capture provides as much information as possible for post processing.
- 46mm front filter thread.
- Creative Mode with five categories of customizable effects for creating a unique look for your stills and movies.
- Six Picture Control options allow you to achieve a signature look that can't be reached through camera settings alone.
- Multiple Exposure Lighten setting for light trail images or time-lapse movies.
- Saves images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards.
- Up to 4x digital zoom is available for boosting equivalent focal length to 200mm.
2 Years Nikon Warranty
Nikon DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8 Digital Camera
- EN-EL24 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 850mAh)
- UC-E21 USB Type-A Male to Type-B Micro Male Cable (Black)
- AN-DCL1 Strap
- EH-73P Charging AC Adapter
- LC-DL2 Front Lens Cap for Nikon DL18-50mm f/1.8-2.8 Lens (Black)
- BS-4 Accessory Shoe Cover for DL Series Cameras